Monday, April 26, 2010

I Got Me Some Exercise

Today is my wife's day off. I took advantage of it and got in a bike ride this morning. All by myself. With no bike trailer behind me. I haven't gotten many bike rides in this spring, so I still had to break in my bum. This was the first big bike ride I've gotten to do by myself since before the kids were born. Probably one of the longer ones I've ever had. I got in about 10 miles, over to the Chain of Lakes. It was good. I've been trying to eat less carbs, eat more veggies and get more exercise in order to better take care of myself. The bike ride is also a good outlet to work off any stress (parents never have any, right?), get in some alone time (and time with God if I remember to focus properly) and enjoy the scenery. I've been trying to do a little painting and writing as well. We all need to have those hobbies to be able to keep ourselves healthy--otherwise we seek unhealthy outlets for ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Dave,

    I remember when I got that first bit of "me" time after my oldest was born I was elated, but also somewhat guilty for being happy for not having to worry about being part of a caravan of baby gear.

    Sounds like you had a blast. It's good to see another father pursuing his hobbies.

    -Mitchell

    ReplyDelete