Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sleepless

Last night, I had the boys in bed around 7:30. They were clearly overly tired, so I tried to make sure they got to bed right away. No matter how many reminders, though, they didn't fall asleep right away. Anders was up still around 9:00.

I usually wake them up around 7am so that Anders can be ready for school. They both were up before 6:30 this morning.

I know that at their age they need 11-12 hours of sleep each night (at least from the articles I've read). Nils probably would have taken a nap in the bike trailer yesterday, but Anders would not bike any more, so we were out of luck there. The down side is that in addition to their grumpiness, I get grumpy.

And here's some irony: as I'm typing this Nils is watching a little Sesame Street. A bunch of monsters are singing, "Take a nap, nap, nap, nap, nap, nappy Everybody nap." Do you think he'll listen to Telly Monster any better than he listens to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment