Friday, April 10, 2009

Growing Up

Today the 2 1/2 year-old dressed himself. He came out of his room with his underwear, pants and shirt on. I was impressed. He also kept his undies dry all day. We haven't forced potty training on him; he's kind of just following his big brother's lead. And he's independent enough that he just has to want to make it happen. He can keep dry if he's naked or just in undies (no pants), but he tends to have accidents if he's in undies with pants. But not today. He kept dry up until nap time (when I put a diaper on him for resting). I guess it's just a matter of him wanting to do it enough. Maybe it helps having had my niece around a couple times this week and seeing a baby wearing diapers and not wanting to be like that. He also doesn't want his potty seat that goes on top of the toilet any more. Just straight up sits on the toilet now. I guess he's getting bigger (now if I can only get him to eat more so he grows more).

Another good thing of late: he's been taking naps again after several weeks of not taking them at all. We put up some fabric that hangs from the upper bunk and makes a play area, so it's darker in there and I just leave on a lamp in the corner. Hurray!

One last note: he's also figured out how to put on a temporary tattoo by himself. We're going to have to keep an eye on him . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment