Monday, August 17, 2009

First Concert

My wife worked yesterday afternoon, so we dropped her off so we could have the car and go to a concert. It was a big outdoor venue with 7 artists over 7 hours (we weren't there for all of it) with skateboarders and other display areas. It was put on by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, so a few "altar calls" by Franklin Graham were part of it. It was only $10 for my ticket (the boys were free). We heard a few sets by DecembeRadio, SuperChick, Lecrae and Kirk Franklin. None were bands we knew well, but we'd heard some of their songs on the radio before. It was a long day and we didn't have extra money for food with (and didn't get to our cooler in the car until late), but the boys did well with it. I think they were a bit overwhelmed at times--there were several thousand people there. And we were so far away from the stage, it was hard for them to get energized with the crowd, but overall it was a good venue. It was a good first concert for them to attend. I didn't have to worry about much besides them getting lost (and I had my cell phone number "tatooed" on their arms), and they heard positive messages and saw vast diversity within the crowd (which is a positive for a "religious" gathering). Plus, I believe they had a good, memorable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment