Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Watery Eyes

One of the many things I love about our five-year old is his sensitivity. At times he can be a bit overly dramatic, but there are times when he's quite sincere in displaying his emotions (which he definitely--and unfortunately--didn't learn from me). Tonight we were watching the movie Lilo & Stitch. Towards the end when Stitch and Lilo get separated, he started crying saying that he never wants to get lost (it may be connected to telling them the importance of always being right next to me when we were at the concert with 20-some thousand other people this weekend). One of the first movies he cried at was Iron Giant when the robot sacrifices itself to save humanity. There have been countless others in the last couple of years.

I know that I've been learning to be healthier recently by sharing my emotions rather than repressing them. I hope he never learns that it's wrong to cry (though we could loose a little of the drama at times). Plus, right now, at his age, it's a good excuse to get to hold him a little before he gets too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment