Monday, December 14, 2009

Wintertime Outing (Our Best Kept Secret)


I hesitate to say this here for fear of my best kept secret being overrun, but I also know I don't have a huge readership, so I'm safe to share this. Our favorite place to go in the winter is the Como Park Zoo (especially since it's free--donations welcome). We get there more in the winter than we do in the summer. It's a great place to go on a cold afternoon that isn't hospitable for sledding. Most of the animals (with the exception of a few like the bison and reindeer) are inside buildings in the winter. And if you don't want to walk between buildings, you can spend a fair amount of time in the main center which houses the rain forest exhibit, a small are for kids to play and the conservatory (along with the gift shop and restaurant). The boys enjoy the plants, flowers and koi in the conservatory. Hopefully that won't change for a while. Thankfully, they haven't gotten tired of the exhibits yet. It helps that we don't drive over too often; I'm sure it would be a different story if we lived closer. Plus, the conservatory and rain forest usually are around 80 degrees inside (my glasses and camera always fog up), so you can get a little tropical warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment