Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Picnic of the Year

I was watching my niece today. In the morning, she and Nils went on a walk around the pond with me along with a bag of starting-to-get-moldy bread. We stopped at the fishing dock and fed the ducks. Riley really enjoyed it. She kept asking for more pieces of bread to throw in. Nils enjoyed it, too, but I caught him chewing it a few times. Not the moldy pieces, thankfully.

When Anders got home from school, and Riley woke up from her nap, I put together a picnic lunch. We haven't gotten outside to do one yet this year (we've taken them to the zoo and on other outings, but we haven't had a springtime picnic on the grass yet).

So I put Nils and Riley into the bike trailer and Anders and I biked up to Brookview Park in Golden Valley. It was a nice day to be out. Both my boys did their first time across the monkey bars on their own (Nils only did half-way, but he's only 3, so I'm still impressed. He actually did it first, earlier in the morning).

Picnics are a good thing. I think my boys actually eat better outside. We'll even take lunch out and eat in the park right next to our apartment whenever we want. I'm looking forward to picnic suppers at the lake this summer to listen to concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment