Sunday, August 29, 2010

For Better or Worse

On the way home from church tonight, my six-year old announced, "I am already beginning to think about marrying."

I told one of the fathers of one of the girls (there were two specific ones mentioned). He replied, "No worries.
I've told all my girls they can date when they're 24."

I'm sure it'll all work itself out. Of course, my nearly four-year old also declared that he's going to marry the same girl. I hope this doesn't turn into a bloody feud some day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I know who the little girl is, and I can see the stars in your boys' eyes. And she sure is a firecracker!

    Looking back on my own past, I realize that my childhood friendships, most formed at church and the private school I attended, have become some of my most enduring adult friendships.

    I look forward to seeing what comes of the friendships are children are building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the ones their parents are building...

    ReplyDelete