Monday, January 25, 2010

Making Mac & Cheese Edible

Until recently, only my 3-year old would eat Macaroni & Cheese. My 5-year old ate it in Canada (where it's called Kraft Dinner), but he hasn't eaten it since we moved back here almost 2 years ago. I've tried making it a lot of different ways. I came up with a mixture using canned tomatoes that had a bruschetta taste to it, I've tried salsa in it--I just haven't made it with the traditional hot dogs because he doesn't eat those, either.

The way I've managed to get all of us to eat it (even I enjoy it--heck, I'll even eat the leftovers, which leftover Mac & Cheese is usually terrible) is to add corn and broccoli to the water when I put the noodles in. (Some grated carrot could work, as well. I'm also thinking pepperoni, but haven't tried that yet.) Tastes good, plus they get some veggies in their diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment