Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Dad; Old Memories

So today at the Stay-at-Home Dads gathering for my area there was a new dad (a couple actually, but only one that is pertinent to this tale). I overheard that he was from Iowa originally. I asked him where in Iowa. He said a town that was twenty miles away from where we used to live in Iowa--the town where both our boys were born. I guessed his last name. I was right. When he was in high school, he re-shingled the roof on a barn that was at the camp where I worked.

It's a small world. It's fun to meet another dad with whom I have previous connections. I have another good friend from college who is a stay-at-home dad. The last person you would have guessed. I think the stereotype of what a househusband looks like is out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment