Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sunshine and Sleds

I have to say that this February sunshine is wonderful. Yesterday I got in a brief walk around the pond, enjoying the sunshine and the chance to stretch my legs. The past two days the boys and I have gone out sledding. It not only gets us out of the house, out into the sunshine (which is much needed this time of year), but those hikes up the hill are good exercise. Exercise for all of us (yes, I sled down with them--the exercise is a good excuse, but the truth is I just enjoy it). We build up a bit of a jump, though, and I'm not sure my body is going to be able to handle that for many more years.

The sun is bringing everyone outside, too. We're finally seeing others around, walking around the lake and just being outside. It's a nice reminder that there's a community around us that we'll be getting to see more of in a few months.

We've had what I'm calling a "real" winter. We haven't had one for a while. Something happens for a lot of people between their childhood and adult years: we go from loving winter to hating it. I still love winter. Sure, it's a nuisance at times, but with the right attitude (and the right clothes) it can be a lot of fun. So, I'm trying to pass that on to the boys as well--hopefully, when they're adults, they won't complain about the changing of the seasons, but embrace them.

No comments:

Post a Comment